16 March 2012

In the beginning

It really is hard to think back to a time before Brendon and I were in each others lives.  I suppose that can be looked at from a number of different angles, but I'll stick with it being incredibly sweet and romantic  ;)

We have a story unlike any I have heard, which I of course LOVE.
It's bizarre, it's not normal, it's backwards.
We went about things in a way that the majority of people might not have.   
Maybe I just think that. 
Whatever the case... I love how "we" came to be.

I was living in a house with two of my guys friends, working full-time as a manager at Starbucks now do you see how COOL I am?, going to school full-time, and I was spending any free time I had with family and friends.  Life was goodBetter than it had ever been for me.  I was really happy for the first time in a loooong time.

Enter: My roomies, Joe and Eddie.  The three of us were looking for a basement tenant for our townhouse.  They had a bunch of friends they probably could have dumped in there, but I wanted to see if we could find someone that none of us knew. 

Enter: Kathi- One of my best friends at the time.  She knew of someone perfect for the house; her brother-in-law, "Bren," who was looking for a place.  She put me in touch with him, and the roomies and I set up a time when we could all be home to meet with him and see if it would be a good match.

Enter: Bren- The night he came over to meet with us, I greeted him at the door, and (warning: cheesy) I literally could not find words for a second.  I had to take a step back and compose myself.  There was this electricity that came with him, and it was all in his eyes.  

Once I was able to stop drooling all over myself, I shook his hand and we all sat down together to discuss living arrangements.

Everything ended up working out, and Bren moved in within 2 weeks.  

All was well in the Kingstown house.  Everything was just dandy.  Me and the boys.  I was rolling right along in school.  Having a blast in my social life.  Just rolllling right along.  

As was the usual scene, we were all hanging out one night and I was hungry (again, usual).  I asked if anyone wanted to come with me to IHOP for late-night breakfast comida.

Bren was all in.  He loves food more than any DOG I know.  It's insane.  And somewhere in between mouthfuls of pancakes and forkfuls of hash browns drenched in ketchup, a forbidden infatuation was sparked.   Damn it, I actually liked him, but I couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't!!  And I could tell... he liked me too!  ;)

After that, he and I were attached at the hip.  BFF's.  Totally in sync.  Out to dinner/drinks 2-3 times a week, going to movies together, watching movies at home, cooking together.  You name it.

All the while, that electricity I felt when I very first met him was still there, buzzing between us.

But we went merrily merrily merrily along, pretending ours was just a normal friendship.

Until one night......

To be continued  ;)


Kindly~

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this little blog. Comments make me feel appreciated. And who doesn't like that? ;)

Kindly- Meghan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...