24 February 2012

To: Someone, From: Someone

Randomly, Bren brought home a new bottle of perfume for me last night.  Sweet man.  

It ends up, though, that he didn't actually buy it for me.  It was given as a gift from a regular customer where he works to his manager, and she for whatever reason did not want it.  He offered, then, to kindly take it off her hands and give it to me.  

From Dubai India, I think.  Someone check me on that.
 
It was unopened, untouched, unsprayed, unsmelled.  And it was just for me.  What started as a random act of kindness turned into a generous gift to me.  And the best part is that it actually smells good and I will be inserting it into my perfume rotation, starting today!

What is really weird about this is I had just bought a card and a chocolate bar as a small gift for someone... anyone... a total stranger.  I sat in my car for about 5 minutes writing an anonymous message of kindness in the car before heading home. 

The card said: "If I had 8 arms and could give you a hug with all of them without freaking you out, I totally would.  Hugs to you!"

I brought the card and chocolate to work with me today and I am just going to leave it somewhere on campus that is totally neutral and accidental.  Like in the elevator.  Or on a bench or a shelf.

As I said a few posts ago, I plan on using this blog to highlight some of the ways I express kindness to myself and those around me.  Mainly to hold myself accountable and keep myself thinking of creative ways to give back.

I am following a blog called 366 Random Acts of Kindness.  He has some really awesome ideas for spreading the love.  I know of a couple that I will definitely be trying.  Check him out!

Till next post!

Kindly-

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this little blog. Comments make me feel appreciated. And who doesn't like that? ;)

Kindly- Meghan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...