02 October 2012

The Return of the Last Minute Party Planner

Months ago, I scrambled to put together a birthday party for my 4-year-old son, Liam.  It was a very elaborate and idealistic plan, and at the time, I had no real idea how I was going to execute all of the wonderful things I had imagined.  Luckily, with the help of some amazing women (Ma and Bri), the party (Superhero themed) went off without a hitch.  Complete success and further proof that procrastination is often magical.

Welp, I figured, why not!!??  Why not wait until the very. last. second to iron out the final details of my hub Bren's 30th (surprise) birthday party.  It's not like this is a milestone or anything, and it couldn't possibly be any more complicated and stressful than a 4-year-old's party (especially since I hand-made capes for all of his guests-- Coolest Mom Ever-- I know).

So here I am, 3 days away from go time, and I am just now putting together my scheme, again with my Partner in Crime, Bri:

First, the food, because he's a man and that's pretty much priority #1 in his life (immediately following me and the kids, of course!!).  ;)

Happy Hour Fare:

Red Velvet Style

As for presents, I'd like to do something fun for him like this adorable gift basket below:





  I'm also serving Skittle Flavored Vodka, because despite turning 30.... ah, screw it.  Do I really need a REASON to spike the rainbow?


We'll see how this all turns out.  If all else goes to hell, we'll have lots of beer and liquor.  Not bad for a safety net.

Updates to follow!!

OH!  And can we all say a collective HALLELUJAH!  Today is officially my last day at GMU before heading on to bigger and better things.....

... like party planning.

Smile at everyone today.  Literally, everyone!

Kindly~

Meghan

1 comment:

  1. No one ever needs a reason to spike the rainbow. I wish I was as good at this last minute planning stuff as you! Can't wait to hear how it goes (I'm sure amazingly!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this little blog. Comments make me feel appreciated. And who doesn't like that? ;)

Kindly- Meghan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...